Network and Frequency Control Ancillary Service constraints in the NEM overview
AEMO has postponed all face-to-face energy education courses during the COVID-19 health alert. Webinars will proceed as planned, and e-learning continues to be available.
Some courses have now been adapted for virtual instructor led delivery and course schedules will be updated regularly to reflect their current status.
Where a course has not yet re-commenced via virtual delivery, please contact email@example.com to be notified when registrations re-open, and include the name of the course(s) you are interested in.
This two-day workshop explains how and why constraints are used to manage the power system, and the effect they may have on the market.
- Network and Frequency Control Ancillary Service (FCAS) constraints.
- The network characteristics that determine constraints.
- How constraints are derived and formulated.
- The effect constraints have on dispatch outcomes.
- Where to find out more about how particular constraints affect your organisation.
Attendees of the course will gain a working-level understanding of constraints and their impact on the NEM.
$1,100 (plus GST) per person.
|24 & 25 March 2020||Sydney||Postponed|
|12 & 13 May 2020||Brisbane||Postponed|
How to enrol
- Visit the AEMO Learning Academy.
- Click on the catalogue button to view courses.
- Add the education course to the Cart.
- Create an individual log in.
You will also be able to access the AEMO e-learning and education catalogues.
- "The course is well-structured and covered a hard topic in good detail and kept it interesting."
- "Thought the whole course was done extremely well."
- "Covered nearly all aspects I had an interest in and catered for all levels of understanding."
For further information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.