- Energy Live
AEMO Energy Live is our digital news and information hub dedicated to all things energy. AEMO Energy Live features commentary, analysis, interviews, news and views delivered via videos, podcasts, full-length feature articles, infographics and easy to understand explainers.
- Integrated System Plan
AEMO’s Integrated System Plan (ISP) holistically evaluates Australia’s long-term energy future by considering the coordination of transmission and generation development planning.
- Victorian Annual Planning Report
The Victorian Annual Planning Report (VAPR) considers the adequacy of the Victorian transmission network to meet its reliability and security requirements and identifies development opportunities to address emerging network limitations.
- Electricity Statement of Opportunities
The Electricity Statement of Opportunities (ESOO) provides technical and market data that informs the decision-making processes of market participants, new investors, and jurisdictional bodies as they assess opportunities in the NEM a 10-year outlook period.
- Other Victorian RIT-T projects
AEMO conducts regulatory investment tests for transmission (RIT-T) on potential transmission network and non-network projects. The purpose of the RIT-T, as set out at clause 5.16 of the National Electricity Rules, is to identify the credible option that maximises the present value of net economic benefit to all those who produce, consume and transport electricity in the market.
- Interactive Planning Maps
The interactive map complements AEMO’s planning publications to enhance accessibility, readability, and clarity. The map contains various layers which can be enabled or disabled to help users navigate to information of interest.
- NEM Generation Maps
AEMO has published a series of maps that provide details on volumes on connection interest within particular NEM regions and subregions. These maps are intended to facilitate more informed decision-making by potential investors, allow network service providers (NSP) to consider potential future network expansion, and for AEMO to identify potential operational constraint and emerging security issues.
- Generation Information Pages
This page reports information on the capacity of existing, withdrawn, committed, and proposed generation projects in the NEM. AEMO collects generation information reported here from generation industry participants, via a web-based online system, and is committed to publishing updates of information collected every six months, or as required.
AEMO social channels
- About AEMO
- The changing generation mix
- What it takes to run a power system
- The evolving Australian electricity supply chain
- AEMO’s National Electricity Market Control Room
- The history of electricity in Australia
Or subscribe to our YouTube channel.
For more energy news and industry information, subscribe to our newsletters below:
- AEMO Energy Live captures highlights from our Energy Live digital news and information hub, delivering commentary, analysis, interviews, news and views via video, podcasts, feature articles and infographic to subscribers every second Thursday. Subscribe to Energy Live updates here.
- AEMO Communications is AEMO’s industry newsletter delivering technical, regulatory and market information to subscribers each Thursday. Subscribe to AEMO Communications here.
- How Australia’s National Electricity Market works
- Energy 101: Electricity
- Energy 101: Batteries
- Strengthening our power system as we transition to a low carbon future
- Australian Energy Regulator
The Australian Energy Regulator (AER) regulates wholesale and retail energy markets, and energy networks, under national energy legislation and rules.
- Australian Energy Market Commission
The Australian Energy Market Commission (AEMC) is responsible for assessing and making changes to energy rules, and provides advice to the COAG Energy Council.
- Energy Live