Matters under consultation
The focus of this consultation is to reflect the terminology in the seven Electricity Market and System Documents (Documents) to be made with effect from 3 June 2024 for the purposes of the National Electricity Amendment (Integrating energy storage systems into the NEM) Rule 2021 No. 13 (IESS Rule).
In summary, the Changes include the new terminology to meet the requirements of the IESS Rule.
AEMO considers the Changes to be minor or administrative in nature. The Changes make the Documents consistent with and aligned to the NER, as amended by the IESS Rule. The Changes which AEMO makes to an existing procedure, guideline or other document – including by inserting new NER clauses, updating existing material and providing additional clarity - will generally be considered to be minor or administrative, if those changes:
- do not change the substantive rights or obligations of participants;
- do not require participants to incur any costs or change their systems;
- are not expected to involve material cost for AEMO; and
- are straightforward and not contentious in nature.
AEMO considers it important to request feedback on the Changes, in the interests of transparency.
AEMO invites stakeholders to:
- provide feedback and comments on the accompanying change-marked documents; and
- identify any unintended adverse consequences of the Changes.
Stakeholders are invited to submit written responses via email to NEMReform@aemo.com.au, by Monday 19 February 2024.
SO_OP_3708 Non-Market Ancillary Services
IESS Rule Change: Inclusion of the term “bidirectional units”368.16 KB
Regulation FCAS Contribution Factors Procedure
IESS Rule Change: Inclusion of the term “bidirectional units”880.18 KB
Frequency Contribution Factors Procedure
IESS Rule Change: Inclusion of the term “bidirectional units”909.85 KB