Procedure Change Proposal
Wholesale Electricity Market Rules – Clause 2.10
Date of Notice: 19 May 2020
This notice informs all Rule Participants and interested parties (Consulted Persons) that AEMO has published a Procedure Change Proposal concerning revisions to the Market Procedure: Reserve Capacity Testing (Procedure) and is conducting a consultation process on this proposal.
This consultation is being conducted in accordance with the Procedure Change Process detailed in clause 2.10 of the Wholesale Electricity Market Rules (WEM Rules).
Matter under Consultation
The matters under consultation are proposed amendments to the Market Procedure: Reserve Capacity Testing developed under clause 4.25.14 of the WEM Rules. The proposed amendments to the Market Procedure are summarised below:
- Aligned the Market Procedure with the current version of the WEM Rules.
- Restructured to improve the flow by following the same sequence of steps as the Reserve Capacity Test process.
- Clarified the process and timing for updating a Temperature Dependence Curve.
- Added a requirement for AEMO to inform Market Participants of the date when Observation Tests should be completed and first Reserve Capacity Tests will be scheduled.
- Added a formula for calculating the Required Level for a Demand Side Programme.
- Clarified situations where a Reserve Capacity Test would be treated as an Invalid Test.
- Clarified the process for investigating potential errors in results or input data.
- Removed steps for AEMO when setting the level of Certified Reserve Capacity and Reserve Capacity Obligation Quantities.
- Minor typographical and wording changes to align the Market Procedure with AEMO’s latest template.
Further details are provided in the Procedure Change Proposal published with this notice.
The proposed revised Market Procedure is published with this notice and the Procedure Change Proposal.
The Consultation Process
The consultation process is outlined below. Dates in italics are indicative only and subject to change.
|Closing date for submissions in response to the Procedure Change Proposal||17 June 2020|
|Publication of Procedure Change Report||31 July 2020|
|Proposed commencement of revised Market Procedure||1 August 2020|
Invitation to Make Submissions
AEMO invites written submissions on this Procedure Change Proposal, including any alternative or additional proposals you consider may improve the procedure/s or better meet the Wholesale Market Objectives in section 122(2) of the Electricity Industry Act 2004 (and clause 1.2.1 of the WEM Rules).
Please identify any parts of your submission that you wish to remain confidential, and explain why. AEMO may still publish that information if it does not consider it to be confidential, but will consult with you before doing so.
In your submission, you may request a meeting with AEMO to discuss the Procedure Change Proposal, stating why you consider a meeting is necessary or desirable.
If appropriate, meetings may be held jointly with other Consulted Persons. Subject to confidentiality restrictions, AEMO will generally make details of matters discussed at a meeting available to other Consulted Persons, and may publish them.
Closing Date and Time
Submissions in response to this Procedure Change Proposal should be sent by email to email@example.com, to reach AEMO by 5.00 pm (AWST) on 17 June 2020.
All submissions must be forwarded in electronic format (both pdf and Word). Further, all emails relating to this Procedure Change Proposal must be entitled “AEPC_2020_04: Reserve Capacity Testing Market Procedure - [Name of the submitting company or individual]”. Submissions should use the Procedure Change Submission form available at:
Stakeholders requiring additional time to make a submission or who have queries in relation to the proposed amended Market Procedure or this Procedure Change Proposal can contact AEMO via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All submissions will be published on AEMO’s website. Confidential information will not be published, other than as specified above.
Call for submissions on Procedure Change Proposal AEPC_2020_04120.36 KB
Procedure Change Proposal AEPC_2020_04297.53 KB
Proposed revised Market Procedure: Reserve Capacity Testing (clean)361.89 KB
Proposed revised Market Procedure: Reserve Capacity Testing (marked up version)964.61 KB