Reports and resources
Operational Conditions Summary
The Operational Conditions Summary, published in July 2021:
- Summarises the journey to date for the Engineering Framework and how the framework links with ongoing Energy Security Board (ESB) and Australian Energy Market Commission (AEMC) reform processes.
- Explains and summarises the purpose of the Engineering Framework operational conditions.
Engineering Framework March 2021 Report
The Engineering Framework March 2021 Report, published in March 2021:
- Explains what the Engineering Framework is, why it’s needed, and AEMO’s proposed approach to preparing for future system conditions.
- Summarises the work in progress across industry to prepare for future system operation
Engineering Framework Information Pack
The information pack, published in December 2020 provided an overview of the Engineering Framework, including:
- What to expect
- Benefits of the Framework
- Journey from the RIS
- How the Framework fits with other industry processes and AEMO publications
Information in this pack has been superseded by the March 2021 report (above).
The Application of Advanced Grid-Scale Inverters in the NEM white paper, published in August 2021:
- Describes the application of advanced grid-scale inverters in the NEM, with a focus on grid-forming inverters.
- Provides recommendations toward enabling the application of this technology to support the NEM.
The Enduring primary frequency response requirements for the NEM technical white paper, published in September 2021:
- Examines the role of primary frequency response (PFR) within the broader frequency control chain.
- Establishes the technical characteristics and power system requirements of effective PFR.
- Explores how effective PFR can be maintained as the power system continues to transition into the future.