Register as a member of the GSH

This page provides an overview of the processes, tasks and forms required to register as a member of the Gas Supply Hub (GSH).

To confirm you are registering as a member in the correct category for the GSH, visit Gas market participants.

Registration documents

These are the documents needed for registration:

Fees and charges

Participants must pay a fee to register; these are outlined in the latest Gas markets fee schedule.

Supporting documents

These documents need to be supplied either with your application form, or beforehand, as they support your application for registration.

Gas Supply Hub exchange agreement

Members must complete two original signed copies of the agreement (see Schedule 1 – Membership Agreement) so they can trade physical gas, physical capacity and related products.

Gas Supply Hub membership agreement

Members must complete two original signed copies of the agreement to be registered as a member of the GSH.

Gas Supply Hub reallocation letter of agreement

This agreement facilitates the processing of Reallocations under clause 16 of the Gas Supply Hub Exchange Agreement.

AEMO requires that Reallocation Requests be offered for registration under the terms set out in the agreement. Consent to these terms is given by completing, signing and forwarding this document to AEMO.

Credit support

Members of the GSH may need to provide credit support to AEMO. All financial guarantees must be in the prescribed format. AEMO recommends you get guarantees checked by AEMO before execution, by emailing a draft copy to

The Credit support management guide contains information on AEMO’s credit support processes and participant obligations.

Recipient-created tax invoices (RCTI)

In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, AEMO has adopted digital and remote ways of working to protect our people and critical operations. During this time, applicants can sign and exchange electronically.

Additional information

To meet the eligibility criteria to be a GSH Reallocation Participant, you must provide evidence that you are a ‘wholesale client’ (not retail) as defined in section 761G(4) of the Corporations Act 2001 (Cth). 

AEMO has prepared the Retail Client Guide to help applicants assess what information they must provide.

Cookies help us improve your website experience.
By using our website, you agree to our use of cookies.