Powerlink Queensland - Project Specification Consultation Report - Maintaining reliability of supply in the Blackwater area
In this section
In this section
- Powerlink PACR - Maintain reliability of supply in Blackwater
- ElectraNet PSCR - Managing the Risk of AC Board Failure Project
- ElectraNet PSCR - Managing the Risk of Instrument Transformer Failure
- TransGrid & Powerlink Project Assessment Draft Report: Expanding NSW-QLD Transmission Transfer Capacity
- TransGrid Project Assessment Conclusions Report: Maintaining a reliable Upper Tumut substation
- SA Power Networks release new version of their Demand Side Engagement Document
- Douglas Shire Non-network options report
- TransGrid Project Assessment Conclusions Report: Managing safety and environmental risks from corrosion on Line 959/92Z
- Powerlink Queensland - Summary of PADR - Maintaining reliability of supply between Clare South and Townsville South
- ElectraNet Project Specification Consultation Report Managing the risk of protection relay failure
- Powerlink Queensland Project Assessment Conclusions Report Maintaining reliability of supply at Kamerunga Substation
- ElectraNet Project Specification Consultation Report - Managing the Risk of Isolator Failure Project Regulatory Investment Test for Transmission
- TransGrid Publishes TAPR 2019
- Powerlink Queensland Project Specification Consultation Report Addressing the secondary systems condition risks at Kemmis
- Powerlink Queensland Project Specification Consultation Report Addressing the secondary systems condition risks at Mudgeeraba
- Reinforcing the New South Wales Southern Shared Network to increase transfer capacity to the state’s demand centres
- Managing the Sydney East substation’s asset risks
- Maintaining compliance with performance standards applicable to Wagga 330 kV substation secondary systems
- Maintaining compliance with performance standards applicable to Deniliquin substation secondary systems
- Powerlink Queensland - Project Specification Consultation Report - Maintaining reliability of supply in the Blackwater area
Powerlink has recently published a ‘Project Specification Consultation Report’ (PSCR) to maintain reliability of supply in the Blackwater area.
Blackwater Substation, established in 1969 and located approximately 68km east of Emerald, plays a critical role in the provision of electricity to customers in Queensland’s Central West area, providing supply to residential, mining and rail traction loads.
Planning studies have confirmed there is a long-term requirement to continue to supply the existing electricity services provided by Blackwater supporting the diverse range of customer needs in the area.
The two 80MVA transformers were installed in 1978, and at over 40 years of age have significant condition and performance issues indicating that they are reaching the end of their technical service lives.
The proposed preferred option that is considered to satisfy the Regulatory Investment Test for Transmission (RIT-T) involves replacing the two 132/66/11kV 80 MVA transformers with one 132/66/11 kV 160MVA transformer by June 2022.
The indicative capital cost of the RIT T project for the preferred option is $6.16 million in 2018/19 prices.
In accordance with the requirements of the Rules, a summary of the PSCR is made available on the AEMO website. A copy of the ‘Project Specification Consultation Report’ can be obtained from the Powerlink website on the RIT-T Consultations page or by emailing email@example.com.
Submissions on the PSCR are required by the closing date of 27 August 2019.
Any enquiries in the first instance should be directed to:
Manager Network and Alternate Solutions
PO Box 1193
VIRGINIA, QLD 4014
Tel: (+617) 3860 2328