Powerlink Queensland Project Specification Consultation Report Addressing the secondary systems condition risks at Mudgeeraba
In this section
In this section
- ElectraNet PSCR - Managing the Risk of Instrument Transformer Failure
- TransGrid & Powerlink Project Assessment Draft Report: Expanding NSW-QLD Transmission Transfer Capacity
- TransGrid Project Assessment Conclusions Report: Maintaining a reliable Upper Tumut substation
- SA Power Networks release new version of their Demand Side Engagement Document
- Douglas Shire Non-network options report
- TransGrid Project Assessment Conclusions Report: Managing safety and environmental risks from corrosion on Line 959/92Z
- Powerlink Queensland - Summary of PADR - Maintaining reliability of supply between Clare South and Townsville South
- ElectraNet Project Specification Consultation Report Managing the risk of protection relay failure
- Powerlink Queensland Project Assessment Conclusions Report Maintaining reliability of supply at Kamerunga Substation
- ElectraNet Project Specification Consultation Report - Managing the Risk of Isolator Failure Project Regulatory Investment Test for Transmission
- TransGrid Publishes TAPR 2019
- Powerlink Queensland Project Specification Consultation Report Addressing the secondary systems condition risks at Kemmis
- Powerlink Queensland Project Specification Consultation Report Addressing the secondary systems condition risks at Mudgeeraba
- Reinforcing the New South Wales Southern Shared Network to increase transfer capacity to the state’s demand centres
- Managing the Sydney East substation’s asset risks
- Maintaining compliance with performance standards applicable to Wagga 330 kV substation secondary systems
- Maintaining compliance with performance standards applicable to Deniliquin substation secondary systems
- Powerlink Queensland - Project Specification Consultation Report - Maintaining reliability of supply in the Blackwater area
- Powerlink Queensland Project Specification Consultation Report - Maintaining power transfer capability and reliability of supply at Lilyvale
- Maintaining compliance with performance standards applicable to Haymarket substation secondary systems
Powerlink has recently published a ‘Project Specification Consultation Report’ (PSCR) to address the secondary systems condition risks at Mudgeeraba.
Located approximately 10km north of the Queensland-NSW border, Mudgeeraba Substation was established in 1970 as a 110kV switchyard. It was expanded in the late 1990s with the addition of a 275kV switchyard and now serves as the major injection point for the distribution networks supplying the southern Gold Coast in Queensland and north-eastern New South Wales, supporting a diverse range of customer needs in these areas.
Planning studies have confirmed there is an enduring need to continue to supply the existing electricity services provided by Mudgeeraba substation. Commissioned approximately 20 years ago, the Mudgeeraba secondary systems are reaching the end of their technical service lives, and are increasingly no longer supported by their manufacturer, with limited spares available.
The proposed preferred option that is considered to satisfy the Regulatory Investment Test for Transmission (RIT-T) involves the replacement of the 275kV secondary systems in a new building at Mudgeeraba, by December 2021.
The indicative capital cost of the RIT‑T project for the preferred option is $8.3 million in 2018/19 prices.
In accordance with the requirements of the Rules, a summary of the PSCR is made available on the AEMO website. A copy of the ‘Project Specification Consultation Report’ can be obtained from the Powerlink website on the RIT-T Consultations page or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Submissions on the PSCR are required by the closing date of 27 September 2019.
Any enquiries in the first instance should be directed to:
Manager Network and Alternate Solutions
PO Box 1193
VIRGINIA, QLD 4014
Tel: (+617) 3860 2328