ElectraNet Project Specification Consultation Report Managing the risk of protection relay failure
In this section
In this section
- Addressing the secondary systems condition risks at Mudgeeraba
- Addressing the secondary systems condition risks at Kemmis
- Powerlink PACR - Maintain reliability of supply in Blackwater
- ElectraNet PSCR - Managing the Risk of AC Board Failure Project
- ElectraNet PSCR - Managing the Risk of Instrument Transformer Failure
- TransGrid & Powerlink Project Assessment Draft Report: Expanding NSW-QLD Transmission Transfer Capacity
- TransGrid Project Assessment Conclusions Report: Maintaining a reliable Upper Tumut substation
- SA Power Networks release new version of their Demand Side Engagement Document
- Douglas Shire Non-network options report
- TransGrid Project Assessment Conclusions Report: Managing safety and environmental risks from corrosion on Line 959/92Z
- Powerlink Queensland - Summary of PADR - Maintaining reliability of supply between Clare South and Townsville South
- ElectraNet Project Specification Consultation Report Managing the risk of protection relay failure
- Powerlink Queensland Project Assessment Conclusions Report Maintaining reliability of supply at Kamerunga Substation
- ElectraNet Project Specification Consultation Report - Managing the Risk of Isolator Failure Project Regulatory Investment Test for Transmission
- TransGrid Publishes TAPR 2019
- Powerlink Queensland Project Specification Consultation Report Addressing the secondary systems condition risks at Kemmis
- Powerlink Queensland Project Specification Consultation Report Addressing the secondary systems condition risks at Mudgeeraba
- Reinforcing the New South Wales Southern Shared Network to increase transfer capacity to the state’s demand centres
- Managing the Sydney East substation’s asset risks
- Maintaining compliance with performance standards applicable to Wagga 330 kV substation secondary systems
ElectraNet has published a Project Specification Consultation Report (PSCR) for Managing the Risk of Protection Relay Failure under the Regulatory Investment Test for Transmission (RIT-T), which is the first step in the RIT-T process, as required by the National Electricity Rules clause 5.16.
The PSCR identifies the targeted replacement of around 380 protection relays and components across the South Australian electricity transmission network over the next four years as the most efficient solution to manage the overall fleet of protection relays across the network.
The protection relays that are being replaced are located in the following substations:
- Metropolitan substations – Angas Creek, East Terrace, Happy Valley, Kilburn, Morphett Vale East, Mount Baker, Northfield, Parafield Gardens West, Templers; and
- Rural Substations – Berri, Brinkworth, Davenport, Hummocks, Kincraig, North West Bend, Pimba, Port Lincoln, Robertstown, Snuggery, South East, Stony Point, Tailem Bend, Yadnarie
The report identifies that there is only one technically and economically feasible option which is to replace the identified protection relays on the network.
The PSCR is available for download at ElectraNet.
- Project Specification Consultation Report (PSCR) (6.9 MB, pdf)