AEPC_2019_09: Formalisation of the Process for Maintenance Applications
In this section
In this section
- AEPC_2019_11: Prudential Requirements – Credit Limit Calculation
- Draft Report: 2020 Benchmark Reserve Capacity Price for the 2022-23 Capacity Year
- AEPC_2019_09: Formalisation of the Process for Maintenance Applications
- 2019 Energy Price Limits Review
- AEPC_2019_06: Removal of Resource Plans and Dispatchable Loads
- AEPC_2019_04 Dispatch
- AEPC_2019_07 Ancillary Services
- AEPC_2018_03 Communication and control systems
- AEPC_2019_08 Power System Security
- AEPC_2018_05: IMS Interface
- AEPC_2018_06: Commissioning Tests
- AEPC_2019_02: Medium Term Projected Assessment of System Adequacy
- AEPC_2018_01: Monitoring and Reporting Protocol
- TR_2018_01: Tolerance Ranges
- AEPC_2019_03: Reduction of prudential exposure in the Reserve Capacity Mechanism
- AEPC_2019_01: Short Term Projected Assessment of System Adequacy
- AEPC_2018_04: Facility Outages
- Draft Report: 2019 Benchmark Reserve Capacity Price for the 2021-22 Capacity Year
- 2018 Energy Price Limits Review
- AEPC_2018_02: Tolerance Ranges
Call for submissions on procedure change proposal
Wholesale Electricity Market Rules – Section 2.10.7
Date of notice: 19 August 2019
This notice informs all Rule Participants and interested parties ( Consulted Persons) that AEMO has published a Procedure Change Proposal in respect of the Rule Change Proposal: Formalisation of Maintenance Applications ( RC_2015_03). The Amending Rules require AEMO to develop a new Market Procedure: Consumption Deviation Applications and amend the Market Procedure: Individual Reserve Capacity Requirements.
This consultation is being conducted in accordance with the Procedure Change Process detailed in section 2.10 of the Wholesale Electricity Market (WEM) Rules.
Matter under consultation
The matters are related to clauses 4.262CA to 4.26.2CH, and 4.28.9A to 4.28.9F and appendices 5A and 10 of the WEM Rules. Clauses 4.26.2CE and 4.28.9E of the WEM Rules require AEMO to detail its processes related to the submission and assessment of Consumption Deviation Applications for Associated Loads of Demand Side Programmes under clause 4.26.2CB(a) and Loads nominated as Non-Temperature Dependent Loads under clause 4.28.9A of the WEM Rules.
AEMO has also taken the opportunity to update each the Market Procedures to make minor administrative changes to improve the integrity of the procedures.
Further details are provided in the Procedure Change Proposal published with this notice. The proposed amended Market Procedures are published with this notice and the Procedure Change Proposal.
The consultation process
The consultation process is outlined below. Dates are indicative only and subject to change.
Closing date for submissions in response to the Procedure Change Proposal
16 September 2019
Publication of Procedure Change Report
1 October 2019
Proposed commencement of Market Procedures
1 October 2019
Invitation to make submissions
AEMO invites written submissions on this Procedure Change Proposal, including any alternative or additional proposals you consider may improve the procedure or better meet the Wholesale Market Objectives in section 122(2) of the Electricity Industry Act (and clause 1.2.1 of the WEM Rules).
Please identify any parts of your submission that you wish to remain confidential, and explain why. AEMO may still publish that information if it does not consider it to be confidential, but will consult with you before doing so.
In your submission, you may request a meeting with AEMO to discuss the Procedure Change Proposal, stating why you consider a meeting is necessary or desirable.
If appropriate, meetings may be held jointly with other Consulted Persons. Subject to confidentiality restrictions, AEMO will generally make details of matters discussed at a meeting available to other Consulted Persons, and may publish them.
Closing date and time
Submissions in response to this Procedure Change Proposal should be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, and received by 5:00 PM (Australian Western Standard Time) on 16 September 2019. All submissions must be forwarded in electronic format. Please send any queries about this consultation to the same email address.
All correspondence in relation to this Procedure Change Proposal must be entitled “AEPC_2019_09: Formalisation of Maintenance Applications - [Name of the submitting company or individual]”.
Submissions should use the Procedure Change Submission form available at: http://aemo.com.au/Electricity/Wholesale-Electricity-Market-WEM/Procedures/Procedure-changes.
AEMO is not obliged to consider submissions received after the closing date and time. Any late submissions should explain the reason for lateness and the detriment to you if AEMO does not consider your submission.
All submissions will be published on AEMO’s website, other than confidential content.
Procedure Change Proposal Documents
Call for Submissions
Call for Submissions (78 KB, pdf)
Procedure Change Proposal
Procedure Change Proposal (188 KB, pdf)
Market Procedure: Consumption Deviation Applications (new)
Market Procedure: Consumption Deviation applications (170 KB, pdf)
Market Procedure: Individual Reserve Capacity Requirements (v5)
Procedure change report documents
- Procedure Change Report (728 KB, pdf)
- Mkt Procedure Consumption Deviation Applications v1 – track changes post consultation (637 KB, pdf)
- Mkt Procedure Consumption Deviation Applications v1 – clean post consultation (635 KB, pdf)
- Mkt Procedure IRCR v5 – track changes post consultation (581 KB, pdf)
- Mtk Procedure IRCR v5 – clean post consultation (383 KB, pdf)