Cyber Security Events
This page contains key upcoming milestones to support the delivery of the 2019 Summary Report into the Cyber Security Preparedness of the National Electricity Market and Wholesale Electricity Market.
The report is produced on the thematic findings from market participant self-assessments against the Australian Energy Sector Cyber Security Framework (AESCSF).
- Monday 23 September – Finalisation and release of the AESCSF Framework, Criticality Assessment Tool, Assessment Toolkit and Supporting Guidance.
- Monday 23 September – Initial round of 2019 AESCSF education and training workshops held nationally in Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane, Perth and via video conference (details below).
- Monday 7 October – Second round of 2019 AESCSF education and training workshops held nationally in Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane, Perth and via video conference (details below).
- Early October: Launch of the AESCSF assessment toolkit website to collect 2019 AESCSF self-assessments. Welcome emails will be sent to advise all participating organisations once the collection portal is open.
- Closure of the Datapoint collection portal and AESCSF self-assessment period (CEO attestations to have been submitted along with self-assessment results at this point).
- The AESCSF assessment data collection window once initiated is expected to remain open for 7 weeks through to mid/late November.
- Submission of the 2019 Annual Report to the Council of Australian Governments Energy Council (COAG EC). (Date to be advised)
- Release of the 2019 AESCSF Benchmarking portal to market participants who completed a self-assessment. (Date to be advised)
- Distribution of the 2019 AESCSF feedback survey to respondents. (Date to be advised)
Location Monday 23 September 2019
Tuesday 24 September 2019
Wednesday 25 September 2019
Thursday 26 September 2019
Friday 27 September 2019
Monday 7 October 2019
Tuesday 8 October 2019
Wednesday 9 October 2019
Thursday 10 October 2019
Friday 11 October 2019 Perth
Please contact the project team via email if you would like to register for one of the educational sessions.