South Australia System Strength Assessment
- Media release - AEMO Power of Choice
- High November electricity demand across South Australia and Victoria
- AEMO releases summer readiness report for 2017-18
- AEMO market notifications explained - what does a 'lack of reserve' mean?
- Response to Victorian news headlines
- AEMO releases 2016-17 Annual Report
September 18, 2017 - 11:32 AM
In the 2016 National Transmission Network Development Plan, AEMO identified a Network Support and Control Ancillary Services gap to provide system strength in South Australia, and stated that the gap would be confirmed in 2017 after more detailed analysis was completed.
AEMO has now conducted further power system studies to evaluate the adequacy of system strength for a range of operating conditions, including various levels of synchronous and non-synchronous generation, with normal operating conditions in South Australia.
This analysis has identified that a more complex arrangement of synchronous machines must remain online, to maintain sufficient system strength for various non-synchronous generation dispatch levels, as discussed in this report.