Media Statement - NSW Electricity supply demand update
- South Australia System Strength Assessment
- Media Release - VIC and SA energy supply remains secure
- Energy facts and safety tips for summer now on Energy Live
- Publication of AEMO’s 2018 training calendar and reduced fees
- Storms cause electricity supply disruption across Victoria
- AEMO requesting submissions on inaugural Integrated System Plan
February 10, 2017 - 7:30 PM
The Australian Energy Market Operator (AEMO) can confirm that tight supply conditions have subsided for today in both New South Wales (NSW) and the Australian Capital Territory (ACT) following the evening peak in electricity demand.
AEMO can also confirm that residential load shedding was not required at any point throughout the day to maintain the supply/demand balance in NSW, predominantly due to reduced electricity consumption across the state.
AEMO commends those who proactively reduced their consumption, from industrial customers, to residential consumers. AEMO would also like to commend aluminium smelter Tomago for their cooperation in reducing a portion of their demand during the evening peak. These efforts enabled the power system to provide uninterrupted electricity supply to the region.
Hot temperatures continue to be forecast across eastern states, and AEMO reiterates the need to be mindful of individual electricity consumption.
For AEMO media enquiries, please contact:
AEMO media enquiries
0409 382 121
Please click here for a PDF version of this media release.