Media Statement - Update on Victoria's electricity supply demand outlook
- Media Release - VIC and SA energy supply remains secure
- Energy facts and safety tips for summer now on Energy Live
- Publication of AEMO’s 2018 training calendar and reduced fees
- Storms cause electricity supply disruption across Victoria
- AEMO requesting submissions on inaugural Integrated System Plan
- Media Release: AEMO appoints new Chief Digital and Technology Officer
May 04, 2017 - 3:03 PM
The Australian Energy Market Operator (AEMO) is aware of proposed industrial action at AGL's Loy Yang power station and mine from next week, which has the potential to impact Loy Yang A and B power stations in Victoria.
The Australian Energy Market Operator (AEMO) is aware of proposed industrial action at AGL’s Loy Yang power station and mine from next week, which has the potential to impact Loy Yang A and B power stations in Victoria.
AEMO is monitoring energy supply and demand balances in Victoria and across the National Electricity Market in relation to this matter and will continue to update the market on energy supply reserve requirements in the coming days.
AEMO is working closely with AGL, ENGIE and the Victorian Government on this matter, with the focus of ensuring reliable, secure electricity supply to Victoria.
All matters relating to proposed industrial action should be directed to AGL as the owner of the Loy Yang A power station and mine. All matters relating to Loy Yang B should be directed to the owner, ENGIE.
For AEMO media enquiries, please contact:
0409 382 121