Commonwealth Government announces a National Energy Guarantee
- South Australia System Strength Assessment
- Media Release - VIC and SA energy supply remains secure
- Energy facts and safety tips for summer now on Energy Live
- Publication of AEMO’s 2018 training calendar and reduced fees
- Storms cause electricity supply disruption across Victoria
- AEMO requesting submissions on inaugural Integrated System Plan
October 17, 2017 - 3:38 PM
On Tuesday 17 October, the Commonwealth Government accepted advice from the Energy Security Board (ESB) to establish a National Energy Guarantee.
The Energy Security Board (ESB) has provided the COAG Energy Council with advice on changes to the National Electricity Market (NEM) and legislative framework. This follows AEMO’s advice to the Federal Energy and Environment Minister on matters relating to dispatchable capability in the National Electricity Market.
The ESB specifically provided recommendations to support the provision of reliable, secure and affordable electricity with a focus on ensuring:
- the reliability of the system is maintained
- the emissions reduction required to meet Australia’s international commitments are achieved
- the above objectives are met at the lowest overall costs.
A copy of the ESB letter to Energy Ministers is available here.
For more information: AEMO Media | Mobile: 0409 382 121 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org