Commonwealth Government announces a National Energy Guarantee
- 2018 Electricity Statement of Opportunities for the WEM
- AEMO and Enery Networks Australia publish paper on Distributed Energy Resources
- New South Wales 7 June
- AEMO publishes Quarter Energy Dynamics – Q1 2018
- Summer 2017-18 operations review
- Initial operation of the Hornsdale Power Reserve Battery Energy Storage System
October 17, 2017 - 3:38 PM
On Tuesday 17 October, the Commonwealth Government accepted advice from the Energy Security Board (ESB) to establish a National Energy Guarantee.
The Energy Security Board (ESB) has provided the COAG Energy Council with advice on changes to the National Electricity Market (NEM) and legislative framework. This follows AEMO’s advice to the Federal Energy and Environment Minister on matters relating to dispatchable capability in the National Electricity Market.
The ESB specifically provided recommendations to support the provision of reliable, secure and affordable electricity with a focus on ensuring:
- the reliability of the system is maintained
- the emissions reduction required to meet Australia’s international commitments are achieved
- the above objectives are met at the lowest overall costs.
A copy of the ESB letter to Energy Ministers is available here.
For more information: AEMO Media | Mobile: 0409 382 121 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org