Generation information page
In this section
In this section
- Interactive maps and dashboards
- Electricity Forecasting Insights
- Previous National Electricity Forecasting Report
- NEM Electricity Statement of Opportunities
- Integrated System Plan
- National Transmission Network Development Plan
- Victorian transmission network service provider role
- Independent regional planning reports
- Load forecasting in pre-dispatch and STPASA
- Solar and wind energy forecasting
- Transmission Connection Point Forecasting
- Generation information page
- South Australian Advisory Functions
- Energy Adequacy Assessment Projection (EAAP)
- Value of Customer Reliability
- Demand Side Participation Information Guidelines
- Power System Frequency Risk Review
This page reports information on the capacity of existing, withdrawn, committed, and proposed generation projects in the National Electricity Market (NEM). AEMO collects generation information reported here from generation industry participants, via a web-based online system, and is committed to publishing updates of information collected every six months, or as required.
If any party has additional information they believe should be included on this generation information page, or believes a change is required to the information currently reported, please direct that information to email@example.com.
Capacity of existing or withdrawn generation, and committed or proposed generation projects for the National Electricity Market.
Regional generation information pages
The data files for each region, linked from the following table, provide information for each region in the NEM about:
- Existing and committed scheduled and semi-scheduled generation capacities over the next 10 years.
- Changes and limitations to existing generation.
- Proposed developments.
- Existing non-scheduled generation.
Publication Dates 2018, March 16 NSW QLD SA TAS VIC 2017, December 29 NSW QLD SA TAS VIC 2017, June 5 NSW QLD SA TAS VIC 2017, February 27 NSW QLD SA TAS VIC 2016, November 18 NSW QLD SA TAS VIC 2016, August (2016 NEM ESOO) NSW QLD SA TAS VIC 2016, April 15 NSW QLD SA TAS VIC 2015, October 26 (NEM ESOO Update) NSW QLD SA TAS VIC 2015, August 13 (2015 NEM ESOO) NSW QLD SA TAS VIC 2015, May 15 NSW QLD SA TAS VIC 2014, December 10 NSW QLD SA TAS VIC 2014, August 8 (2014 NEM ESOO) NSW QLD SA TAS VIC 2014, May 30 NSW QLD SA TAS VIC 2014, February 28 NSW QLD SA TAS VIC 2013, November 15 NSW QLD SA TAS VIC 2013, August 13 (2013 NEM ESOO) NSW QLD SA TAS VIC 2012, July 31 (2012 NEM ESOO) NSW QLD SA TAS VIC
This generation information page has been prepared by AEMO at the request of industry for the purpose of providing information on existing, committed and proposed generation as advised by Registered Participants within the National Electricity Market (NEM).
This generation information page contains data provided by third parties, including forecasts of the timing and capacity of future generation. This data is included “as is” and may not be free from errors or omissions. You should verify and check the accuracy, completeness, reliability and suitability of the data for any intended use you intend to put it to, and seek independent expert advice before using it. Accordingly, to the maximum extent permitted by law, AEMO and its employees and consultants and other contributors to this generation information page:
- make no representation or warranty, express or implied, as to the currency, accuracy, reliability or completeness of the information published here; and
- are not liable (whether by reason of negligence or otherwise) for any statements, opinions or other matters contained in or derived from this information, or any omissions from it, or in respect of a person’s use of the information.